• May 1All 9-11 grade students can begin picking up their yearbooks on Tuesday, May 8th at A lunch

• April 11It's finally spring, get outside and enjoy the sun

• April 11Seniors will get their Yearbooks on Monday, May 7th.

Filed under News, Showcase

Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

A consise review of the 1st presidential debate between former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and businessman Donald Trump

Hook, line, and presidential speaker.

On the 26th of September, Secretary Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump formally disputed taxation, terror, and Trump’s business ordeals at the First Presidential Debate held at Hofstra University. One in five Americans claimed that the debate, which aired at eight Central Standard Time, could have swayed their vote; however, individual polls did not show for it as they did not offer any real accuracy. Various news outlets claimed different poll results. For this reason, we cannot assume the more popular nominee of the major partisan candidates.

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

We do know that the race for office remains compact.

There is a lot of talk regarding who the victor of the evening was. The majority of people I spoke to, who tuned in, agree: Trump held the first segment, ‘Achieving Prosperity’, in the palm of his appropriately sized hand. According to Jeffrey D’Onofrio, a Government teacher at Westside High School, “The first 30 minutes were strong for Trump because the focus was on trade” considering his business background and that the bulk of his campaign discusses foreign policy: his argument was strong, especially with the Republican audience.

However, Secretary Clinton took the lead for the rest of the debate. Clinton’s empathetic working class rhetoric both complimented her identity as a ‘progressive’ and provoked Trump’s outspoken tendencies. Despites Trump’s poised commencement, D’Onofrio believes that viewers “will remember more of his (Trump’s) mistakes in the last hour”: Trump often interrupted Clinton, walked around moderator Lester Holt’s questions, and reacted to accusations with arrogance. When Trump’s tax returns were brought into question, he professed hat he would be “smart” for not paying the federal income tax. Aside from inquisition regarding legality, this only furthered the gap between Trump and the American people that pay taxes. In turn, Clinton deviously redirected accusations like a true politician. Perhaps that’s where Clinton and Trump truthfully differ.

Secretary Hillary Clinton certainly proved more diplomatic and it might be due to her experience and preparation. Nevertheless, I recommend Donald Trump prepare for the next presidential debate with Cotillion lessons and a serious evaluation of his appeal to the American people. Maybe in the next debate he’ll be less susceptible to Secretary Clinton’s provocation.

1 Comment

One Response to “Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker”

1. Alicia George on October 18th, 2016 2:08 pm

I have no doubts that Hillary is a much more rehearsed candidate as she has been at the for front of politics as usual for 30 years. He definitely does need to stop reacting to her low ball attempts at swaying him from the point. I’m honestly going to vote for what they have done to create jobs and make a difference in their community in the past. Great and fair article!

[Reply]

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

Is the truth out there?

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

Enough is Enough!

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

Engineering Field Trip: Turkey Creek Water Treatment Plant

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

Senior Prom Assembly!!!

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

2018-2019 School Year

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

Americans don’t need AR-15’s

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

2018-2019 School Hours

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

The Drastic Changes to the HISD Magnet Program

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

Net Neutrality: Why is it such a big deal?

• Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker

How to Differentiate Fake News from Real News

Hook, Line, and Presidential Speaker