• October 17Make sure to grab a Homecoming contract from the Welcome Desk! You can't go without a signed contract.

• October 17Wear your Astros gear tomorrow in support of our team!

• October 17A cold front has blown in bringing temperatures in the 50s. Brrr!

• October 3FAFSA applications are open NOW, so be sure to get your application submitted as soon as possible!

• October 3Underclassmen, the PSAT is right around the corner. Oct. 24th so start studying now!

Greta Van Fleet

Sebastian Ortiz-Aliaga, Writer

Greta Van Fleet, a small band from Frankenmuth, Michigan, gained their popularity from being and ensemble that has the classic sound of bands such as Led Zeppelin. Featured in Rolling Stone Magazine, the four band members of the group were well-received by classic rock fans around the world. Though they have their own similarities to several classic rock bands, Greta Van Fleet is a complete original.

Josh Kiszka, the lead singer of Greta Van Fleet, has a vast vocal range that easily lures the attention of those who enjoyed the vocal range of singers such as Robert Plant. Sam Kiszka, the bass and organ player,  added a unique sound to their songs that set them apart from most modern bands. Jacob Kiszka, the lead guitarist for the band, has a unique tone. Finally, their phenomenal drummer, Daniel Wagner adds the cherry on top. The band members are so young, they had to ditch their prom dates to go on tour.

The members give inspiration to young people who aspire to be musicians because of how up-and-coming they are. They formed in 2012, but released their first record “From The Fires” in 2017, and it skyrocketed them into fame. They are already going on a European tour and are opening for the rock band Guns N’ Roses. This band is so noteworthy that, after playing with Elton John, Elton stated that Greta Van Fleet is one of the best bands that he has heard in years. This band has just started their way to the top and, that being said, look out for them in the future because I have a feeling these guys are going to do big things.

Sebastian Ortiz-Aliaga, Editor

Sebastian is a fun and enthusiastic person. He loves to make you laugh, and is just a cool person overall. A jack of all trades if you will, entertaining you with playing guitar, doing magic tricks, and a bunch of other fun things. He gets off topic a lot, but when he wants to he will work hard.

He is a member of JROTC and does community service when it is most needed. He also loves to help you with anything you want. Overall he is a chill and down to Earth person.