• October 11Softball COLOR RUN! is October 21st, in the AM. Register today

• October 11Underclass Picture Days will be October 16 - 17. for all 9-11 students

Varsity T-Pro’s 2016-17 Agenda

Like and follow T-Pro's social media sites/pages to keep track of our season! Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: @WestsideTpro Facebook: @westsidetpro

The cast of Robinhood: 2015-16! Taken by Joe Center, a photographer and proud T-Pro parent.

Elizabeth George, Writer

Attention: I will do my best to write the following without a biased tone… I really will.

I have been In T-Pro since my freshmen year and of course, I think very highly of it. I hope my prideful rhetoric doesn’t distract you from the knowledge at hand. Varsity T-Pro has a big year ahead. In fact, Theatre Productions as a whole is packed with show after show. However, there are a few performances in particular I’d like to highlight coming from the varsity company:

We are starting off the year with a comedy no less: California Suite by Neil Simon. The show has everything from slapstick to more subtle humor that comments on the realities of life. The plot revolves around four different stories entirely. You’ll see a variety of entertainment that exposes the inconsistencies in marriage, love, and tennis playing. There is truly a story for everyone; although high school students typically don’t find themselves battling between their own marriage, we all have an insight into the complications of marriage. What makes California Suite so special is that all of the stories take place in, you guessed it, a California suite; The Beverly Hills Hotel to be exact. Make sure to stop by on the 29th and 30th of September, or the 1st of October at 7 PM in the Black Box. If it’s worth any token, I’m in it! You might also recognize names such as Sofia Hernandez, Gianlucca Percovich, Katlin Webb, Jacob St. John, William Coronado, Skylar Bantz, Boris Ivanov, Ally Center, Savannah Mulvey-White, and Weston Macleod.

Of course through out the year, the Comedy Sportz team is at work and it is not limited to the varsity company. If you’re not familiar with the Comedy Sportz high school league at Westside, you’re in luck: I’m on the team and I have an earful for you. You might’ve heard of Whose Line Is It Anyway… it’s kind of like that. It’s audience interactive and is appropriate for all ages. The Comedy Sportz motto is “Good clean comedy” and the league stays true to it. There are various showings throughout the year in our own black box and at other schools also. Competitive improve is the game and Comedy Sportz is the name.

outdoor-gear

Lastly, I would like to mention something that a lot of people are excited about: in and outside of T-Pro. We are ending the year with High School Musical. I’m sure the majority of us are familiar with HSM, but if you aren’t: High School Musical On Stage is a stage adaptation of the Disney original movie. It covers the high school experience of two forbidden love birds: Gabriella and Troy. Troy is a basketball star, Gabriella is a academic scholar. The two of them bond over their secretive joy for performing. You’ll have to come see the show on May 5th and 6th to see exactly what its all about. Also, if you’re familiar with it, you might be curious about the mechanisms of the stage adaptation or you could attend out of pure nostalgia.

This is only the highlights of the varsity season. There are more shows coming from the varsity company and from T-Pro as a whole! We welcome you with open arms to come join us in the black box and mini theatre when we have our showings on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays!