• December 5December has officially started! Go check out Lights in the Heights, Santa's Wonderland, and many other holiday festivities!

• December 5Finals are just around the corner, so be sure to start studying as soon as possible!

• December 5The Winter Choir Concert will be taking place on December 11th in the Westside auditorium! You don't want to miss out!

• October 24Check T.V. slides for upcoming pep rally dates!

• September 12Yearbooks are still on sale! Click on the flyer just below.

Filed under Opinion, Uncategorized

College, Do YOU need it?

Back to Article
Back to Article

College, Do YOU need it?

If you are a student, you have probably been told all your life that once you graduate, you are going to college. You go  through approximately 12 years of school just to go back for another 4 years. Is it really needed though? That is  what I want you to ask yourself , because it may save you a couple thousands of dollars in the end game. Now I’m not saying college is not important, because it is in some aspects, like if you wanted to be a doctor in any field, or an engineer, etc.. then yes of course you need college. But what if you wanted to be a musician or what if you wanted to start your own business, or even become an entrepreneur, well let me tell you why you don’t really need college.

Like I said previously you need college for being a doctor or an engineer and many other things, but take a musician for example. They would not necessarily need college for what they would want to do in life. Now they could obviously study music at college, but most people learn music nowadays on their electronic devices or from books. And they eventually make it big by playing music that people universally love, usually. there are other cases where people make it bigger than others because of talent and luck, but others have become famous without college as well.

Take people like Mark Zuckerberg, Albert Einstein, Nikoli Tesla, and many others. These men are world wide hero’s that did not get an education and they went on to do marvelous thongs. Mark Zuckerberg created the first major social media platform where people from all over the world could interact with one another at the tip of their fingers. Look at Albert Einstein, he didn’t go to college and look at him, a universally known name in math. He created the E=MC2 equation for his theory of relativity. Now these guys knew what they wanted and didn’t just do it easily, they put in the work and were most likely smarter than others but they did not need college to change the world. Now I just want you to think if college is really for you, because if you could just take a step back and actually ponder this question, it could really change your life for the better.

Sebastian Ortiz-Aliaga, Editor

Sebastian is a fun and enthusiastic person. He loves to make you laugh, and is just a cool person overall. A jack of all trades if you will, entertaining...