Editorial: Do High schools take bullying/cyber bullying seriously

Back to Article
Back to Article

When did bullying stop being taken seriously?

High school is supposed to be a time of laughter and good memories so when did it stop being that. Many people who have come to learn are fallen victim to many of the different types of bullying are seen as silly to teachers and administers. When the ones you’re supposed to go to help think your problems are silly how will you get help to let alone help yourself.

At school, it was a time this girl got harassed for simply making homecoming decisions, and the deans did not take any actions. This is not the first time that this has happened I have also been victim to this, last year I was bullied because I wasn’t in any sports and wasn’t a dean favorite, they decided that I was the one that was the bully instead of the one who was actually being bullied. Why is that when your not a dean’s favorite or not in sports you are just seen as a student instead of a person? I believe its because we do not bring as much money or buzz as athletes or people who make great grades instead we are pushed into the shadows and our opinions are not heard.

Schools need to take more time to check up on the students in the shadows before its too late, better yet take a charge in bullying itself even if its one of the star athletes or a deans favorite student. Cyberbullying and bullying lead to nothing but death and sadness, many school shootings happen when some students are put in the shadows. Please all student, teachers, dean, and even anyone else check up and make sure to be more positive to people because everyone is special and should be valued even if they may not draw the most attention to themselves