• December 5December has officially started! Go check out Lights in the Heights, Santa's Wonderland, and many other holiday festivities!

• December 5Finals are just around the corner, so be sure to start studying as soon as possible!

• December 5The Winter Choir Concert will be taking place on December 11th in the Westside auditorium! You don't want to miss out!

• October 24Check T.V. slides for upcoming pep rally dates!

• September 12Yearbooks are still on sale! Click on the flyer just below.

Filed under Opinion, Showcase

Should I get a yearbook?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Should I get a yearbook?

Have your parents ever told you that you shouldn’t waste money on a yearbook? Well mine have. I remember always wanting a yearbook every single year. However, every time i brought home the form to buy one my parents would say,”It cost to much for something you will forget about in a couple years. It’s a waste you’ll never see those people again!”

They are wrong! Yearbooks carry memories, memories of fun times that you shared with amazing people who helped shape you as a person. Whether the experience were good or bad they helped you in some way, taught you a lesson. You may not think about it now but one day you’ll wish you’d have something from the past that showed the journey you had.

A yearbook is like a timeline, it takes you back through the years. It has pictures and captions of what was said and done in that entire year. It captures all the perfect moments everyone would want to look back on. For example, my (junior year) yearbook displays the tough struggle our city went through with Harvey, the joy we experienced at homecoming, the triumphant win of the world series by the Astros! The one time it actually snowed in Houston!! and many more. These are things you will surely want to look back on. They are moments that were captured for you so when you can’t remember what it looks like you can just take a look in the pages and the memories will come flooding back.

All of this and we still haven’t mentioned the people who create it. There are so many hard working classmates that pour there hearts out into this book just for you. They dedicate a whole year just to make this the best possible book of memories they can. They go out to all the events, miss out on having some fun of their own. They capture all of these moments while your not looking! We must show our support to the yearbook time for there hard work and dedication to create something so meaningful!

Don’t miss out on all of these years, just buy a yearbook! Trust me you will NOT regret this!!