Senior 411 (Part 2)

Eva Maxcy, a senior at Westside High School, showing her wolf pride.

While Senior 411 Part 1 covered information about meetings and dues, this 2nd part will highlight information involving yearbooks, senior portraits, and fun activities throughout the year for seniors.

Seniors should be sure to stay informed about all the important information regarding seniors. It is vital for students to know about meetings, dues, and fundraisers, which was all explained in Senior 411 Part 1. Furthermore, seniors should know about exciting events coming up and other interesting information that makes senior year one of the most looked forward to. Here’s another article to help further provide this information.

Senior events play a major factor in making a student’s senior year one of the most memorable. Jeffrey D’Onofrio, the Senior Class Coordinator, commented, “In the fall, seniors should be excited for Senior Skate Night. The senior class is a little more tight-knit, and students really dress up for it.” Senior Skate Night takes place on Wednesday, November 14th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Tickets and t-shirts for the event will each be sold for $10 Monday, October 29th through Wednesday, November 7th. At the door, tickets will be sold for $20 each.

In the spring, Prom is one of the senior events most looked forward to. Prom will be on Saturday, May 4th at the Omni Hotel from 8:00 pm to 12:30 am. Continuing with the tradition, there will again be an after-Prom party at Dave and Buster’s. “Students will hear more about prom in the spring,” says D’Onofrio.

Regarding yearbooks, they are currently on sale for $85, and there are 2 ways to order them. Sharon Roberts, the coordinator of yearbooks, senior portraits, senior superlatives, and senior quotes, says that students “can either go online to or go to Room E224,” any school day during lunch and pay with cash. Online, students can order their yearbooks through https://www.balfour.com/texas/houston/westside-high-school. Yearbooks will then be distributed the Monday after Senior Prom, which is May 6th.

Senior portraits are essential for seniors since these photos will be highlighted in the yearbook. Portraits are being done by Legacy Studios, and Saturday, October 13, seniors can take their Senior Portraits. They cost a minimum of $10 or you can pay extra for more photo time and outfit changes. You can go online to seniorslegacystudio.com to make an appointment and pay for it. If you already took your Senior Portrait but didn’t like the result, then you can make another appointment for the same day, October 13th, to retake it.

Many seniors also worry about finding enough information about colleges and scholarships. For people with questions, Joy Maguire stated, “We are open every day from about 8:15- 4:30. If someone needed to meet before or after school, we can accommodate this on a one on one basis, and it happens quite often.  But we just ask that you coordinate this with me or Ms. Turner.” Students can also find information about scholarships and their deadlines on their Naviance account.

Senior year is intended to be full of unforgettable experiences and memorable last moments that you will create before your future unfolds. With all of the information that seniors are expected to know, hopefully, the information in Seniors 411, has helped inform you of everything regarding seniors.