• October 11Softball COLOR RUN! is October 21st, in the AM. Register today

• October 11Underclass Picture Days will be October 16 - 17. for all 9-11 students

Filed under News

Could Missing Snowman Kill Westside’s Holiday Spirit?

During the month of December, there are many symbols that push people to celebrate the holiday season. This includes objects such as a snowman, particularly Snowman Tree Ornament. However, the holiday cheer has come to a halt, when Snowman was declared missing sometime during the weekend of December 16-17. Students began to speculate that Snowman could not find his way back home. Snowman, who was known to bring joy to everyone, was last seen in the East 2 hall at Westside High School. This crisis has affected many individuals at Westside because Snowman holds sentimental value to the people who know him. They are troubled by the incident and are worried for his safety. The Westside community hopes that he will return by the end of the week before winter break begins.

Ms. Van Landingham, a music teacher at Westside, is very fond of Snowman and believes he is one of the major factors of Westside’s festive joy. She claimed,“Snowman represents all the good things that Westside students can share. If he is lost, and can’t be apart of their holiday celebrations for the school, it will be devasting to all the students. Especially the seniors, as they have known Snowman for the longest.” Various students have been affected by the news of Snowman. Lusical Suessical, a freshman student at Westside, barely knows Snowman but stated,” I have only seen Snowman in pictures, but I know he is part of the holiday tradition at Westside. People seem really upset that he is lost. I hope they find him.” 

The Westside community has left the case for Detective Sergeant Boots. He recently discovered more clues and a possible motive of the kidnapper and/or kidnappers. He claimed, “Ms. Ghosn reported [Snowman] missing at 3:30 pm. She admits to leaving her door open, and peppermint candies on her desk may have enticed someone into her office. [However] It is not known if Snowman was taken against his will, or if he went out on his own adventure. He had recently stated that he was tired of coming to school and that he was ready to start his holiday time.”

Whether Snowman was kidnapped or left on his own is still a mystery. Detective Sergeant Boots and many students continue to search for him, hoping he is safe and well. There have been various pictures of Snowman on the walls of Westside to make sure students are on the lookout for Snowman. If you have seen a small snowman wearing a white and green scarf, along with red and green earmuffs, wandering around the halls, please alert Westside’s staff. The longer Snowman remains missing, the more it kills the festivity of Westside’s holiday spirit.

A picture of Snowman taken by Javier Parra. Snowman is missing and needs to be found soon before school ends for Winter Break.