Schedule for STAAR and AP Mock Tests

Blake Gomez

Dean Ghosn helping set up the STAAR Exam for next week.

Next week starting Tuesday, not only does STAAR testing begin for underclassmen but also the AP Mock Exams for those who are taking AP courses. However, the bell schedule will be different for seniors. While students are taking STAAR, seniors and juniors will have it easy and do not need to arrive until 1:05 in the afternoon. This will give you guys time to relax at home for a little bit longer so you can hang out with friends or take care of some important things for school. Sophomores (at least for Tuesday) will also be able to come in late as well.  Unfortunately, this will not be the case for those who are taking the mock exams as they will have to arrive at the same time as usual. Once all testing is complete, non-testers for the day will depart for their 2nd and 4th-period classes while those who have tested will have lunch until 2:10. Although the schedule shall remain the same on Thursday for the English 2 STAAR, students will instead need to report to their 4th and 6th-period classes. This will finally conclude STAAR testing….at least for now anyway.

If a student is absent for one of the STAAR tests they must take, there will be a makeup on Wednesday for English 1 STAAR and a makeup on Friday for English 2 STAAR. Both of these tests will be administered in the gym. On these days, all other students are going to be following the normal bell schedule. except on Friday where we will be reporting to 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th periods with guidance as well. For those who are testing for STAAR, use your free time during the weekend wisely to prepare yourself for it! HISD has posted a link on their website that allows you to review key concepts for the exam. Here is the link for it:https://www.texasgateway.org/

When you arrive at the website follow these steps:

1. Click on the tab that says “Browse Resources”

2. Choose the subject and grade level you want to review

3.Select the title or topic that interests you the most

Good luck on your exams wolves! All of here at Howler News will be rooting for your success!

P.S. Click this link if you want to get a better look at the schedule for yourself:https://docs.google.com/document/d/15s1eBjvblIjIzilRllELr8maQr5eyhoC4zylRu_xUBQ/edit