• May 1All 9-11 grade students can begin picking up their yearbooks on Tuesday, May 8th at A lunch

• April 11It's finally spring, get outside and enjoy the sun

• April 11Seniors will get their Yearbooks on Monday, May 7th.

Filed under News

The College Cafe

The Cafe College in Houston, Texas is a free service offered to Houstonians who aspire to apply and ultimately get accepted into university. The Cafe helps students to find a career, apply to colleges, and to gain the financial aid necessary to help you on your journey. The service is offered Tuesday-Saturday, times can be found on the website. The Cafe is located at the Carnegie Neighborhood Library and Center for Learning.
According to Chron.com, scholarships have become increasingly hard to obtain and the Cafe College will help out the students with this ordeal, “Though some universities have boosted scholarship grants and counseling, the path to enrollment and then graduation remains challenging, especially for those who are first in their family to go to college.”
The Cafe College is accessible to all Houstonians coming from all walks of life, which makes it so incredibly easy to utilize. No matter if the person wants to get into a small, privatized college or a public university, the Cafe College will help to make it happen. According to the Cafe College website, the Cafe offers workshops, one-on-one advising, career exploration, SAT and ACT prep, resume building, virtual college tours, alongside many other services offered.
The Cafe College described their services as a “one-stop clearinghouse of information, resources, and experts offering free guidance to Houstonians preparing for, applying to and enrolling in a higher education institution of their choice, and completing their college and career plans.”
Overall, the Cafe College is an extremely helpful source that can apply to anyone. No matter how unattainable the dream of applying and getting into college might seem to an individual, the Cafe College will help to make those dreams a possibility.