• May 9The 2017 Senior Edition of the Howler News is OUT! Get it while you can.

• May 9Update - Laptop check in begins Wednesday, May 17th for seniors

• March 29The 2017 Canidae Yearbook is SOLD OUT. Thanks wolves!

Filed under Opinion

Is Texas becoming a state that is unfriendly to women, or has it always been that way?

Texas has always been a state known for its “southern hospitality,” but when you look into its home, it’s now always what it’s cut out to be. After this election, where we found out Trump will be our new president in 2017, a lot of people showed their true colors. But what I’m here to look at today is, is Texas becoming a state that is unfriendly to women, or has it always been that way?

Being a female who has lived in Texas her whole life, as I started getting older, I noticed a trend in how men view women. I’ve noticed that a lot of men have stuck to their old fashioned views, that women should cook and clean for them and that they don’t have to do anything around the house. I’ve also noticed that while walking down the street alone, many women become uneasy due to cat calling here. Although, I believe cat calling happens everywhere. I think that it is not okay that as a young lady, and all other women, are put into this belief that they are inferior. There are very strong women walking down our streets and its not right for a young girl walking home or a woman to be scared to go for a jog or feel the need that she has to come home and cook for her spouse or significant other. I think that we should change this “perfect” view we of the world.