• May 9The 2017 Senior Edition of the Howler News is OUT! Get it while you can.

• May 9Update - Laptop check in begins Wednesday, May 17th for seniors

• March 29The 2017 Canidae Yearbook is SOLD OUT. Thanks wolves!

Tina’s Tale of Redemption

Nicole Saldivia, Editor

She sat across from Jim inside the Mexican restaurant. Even after being together for six months, Tina still had the queasy feeling of nerves inside her stomach. Maybe it was the salsa. “Tina?” She looked back up and met his eyes. “I was just saying how much I love guacamole.” She inwardly scowled, Tina hated guacamole. “I like the cheese” She said hoping to sway his nasty opinion. He put his fork down and sighed, “You know that I’m lactose intolerant and cheese is a very sensitive area for me.” They received their nachos and ate them in silence.

Jim broke up with her that night. Tina was baffled over their argument in the car over food preferences. The memories were flurrying around inside her head. “Well if you can’t handle it, then maybe we shouldn’t be together!” “Fine!” He yelled back. She stood mouth agape.

Tina grabbed her coat and walked outside and saw Jim standing there with his hands in his pockets. “Wanna get some nachos? Extra cheese this time.” She grinned from ear to ear.

“You guys are back!” Shouted the manager of House of Nachos, he seated them eagerly, while speaking some more, “I heard ya’ll getting pretty heated last night and was worried, but it’s so good to see you together again!” They laughed in sync. “You know what, I’m so glad that nachos are on the house!” Tina and Jim high-fived, and ate their separately ordered nachos.

After six years of pure bliss, one morning Jim sat up in bed and spoke, “I want a divorce.” Tina looked up at him and laughed nervously, then felt dizzy and passed out. She woke up in a dark basement.

Tina didn’t remember who she was anymore, all she knew was that she had a strong hankering for guacamole. She saw a man come in, he looked like his name was Jim.

Each day Tina trained hard at karate and waited for the next time Jim would arrive. Finally, the fated day came when Jim walked down the stairs with a bowl of chips and guacamole. Tina busted open the bars with her feet and beat Jim to a pulp, before enjoying the bowl of guac and escaping to her freedom.