Homecoming Dance

Homecoming+Dance

The night started like no other this past 29 of October 2016.  Dresses of all kinds, as well as ties were on display at the entrance the awaited occasion. The Fall Ball, Westside’s homecoming dance was held in the Commons.  Students of every grade came together in their best attire and enjoyed the night: dancing, taking pictures, and eating delicious snacks.

8:30 pm

Everyone was getting ready, passing through the bag check and the list people that had tickets, in order to enter the dance.  Everyone was greeting friends . You could also hear those compliments about dresses, shoes and makeup. With the men were styled in semi formal attire,  they were hard to recognize.

9:30 pm

The dance floor was got heated. People were having fun singing and dancing to the beat. The flash of the phones was the only light that was visible to those who were in the commons. The dj varied the songs, from rap to pop and from salsa to bachata. Everyone had the opportunity to enjoy in the variety of music.

10:00pmhocodance4

The music stopped and our principal, Peggi Stewart, announced the court winners once again. Students were applauding and congratulating their friends, for this important accomplishment. The music started again and everyone started doing what they were doing before, dancing.

11:00pm

Almost every girl had her shoes off by this time. Everyone was sweating and masses of people were in circles in the middle of the dance floor.  Dean Davis had to remind students several times to not throw stuff, and to not get up on shoulders.  He had a flashlight, and if he saw you going a little too wild, you got the beam directed to you. The floor was became littered with the glow sticks that were given out at the beginning of the dance. And t dj was playing virtually every suggestion he got.

11:25pm

It was almost time to go but everyone kept dancing the last song. Many of the students decided to keep the fun going at after parties, while others decided that they had enough fun for the night. At the end everyone had a good time with friends.

Gabriela Urda, a junior at Westside , Gabriela Urda, stated her opinion about the dance:

img_3337“It was pretty fun I didn’t expect it to be this awesome. From past experience this homecoming has to be my favorite.”